* Alternative rockers Switchfoot, with special guests Relient K, performing at 7 p.m. Sept. 29 at the Delta Plex Arena and Conference Center, 2400 Turner Ave NW.
* Gospel singer-songwriter Fred Hammond headlines the multi-artist "Festival of Praise" Tour 7 p.m. Oct. 20 at DeVos Performance Hall.
* Inspirational-pop singer Sandi Patty, 7 p.m. Oct. 23 at Christ Memorial Church, 595 Graafschap Rd. Holland.
* NeedtoBreathe, with special guests, Mat Kearney, Parachute & Welshly Arms, 7 p.m. Nov. 7, also in the Delta Plex. Previously announced was MercyMe and the Grand Rapids Symphony Nov. 29 at Resurrection Life Church
SERVING UP THE SHOWS
*The California born and bred Switchfoot is releasing its 10th studio CD this summer, "Where The Light Shines Through." The band expects to be debuting several of the new tunes on its tour.
The players led by singer-songwriter Jon Foreman have scored both mainstream and Christian radio hits such as "Meant to Live," "Mess of Me" and "Dark Horses." The quintet has won both Grammy and Dove awards and has sold millions of albums since its debut in the late 1990s.
Switchfoot will also be performing at the Big Ticket Festival in Gaylord, Mich. on June 24 and the Unity Christian Music Festival in Muskegon on Aug. 11.
Their Sept. 29 Delta Plex concert includes opening act Relient K. The pop-rock group is also a veteran band co-founded by lone original members Matt Thiessen and Matt Hoopes. Several years ago they did a tour celebrating the 10th anniversary of their album "Mmhmm."
This is the third consecutive year for this tour, which has featured a slightly different mix of artists each time. Tickets do not go on sale until June 17. Visit www.festivalofpraisetour.com for more information.
*It's been referred to as Sandi Patty's "retirement" tour. Actually, it's titled "Forever Grateful – The Farewell Tour," and it is crisscrossing the country this fall. Patty (who turns 60 this year), is a multiple Grammy and Dove Award winning artist, and still holds the record for the longest consecutive streak of Doves (11) for Female Vocalist of the Year.
Her Oct. 23 Holland stop also features the vocal group Veritas. See Patty's video invitation to the tour.
*NeedtoBreathe comes to the Delta Plex Nov. 7 on its "Tour des Compadres."
Several of its songs - such as "Washed By The Water," and "Something Beautiful" - have been embraced by both Christian and mainstream music fans. They await the release of a new CD "Hard Love" later this year.
They are playing Big Ticket Festival in Gaylord on June 25. They also performed at the Unity Christian Music Festival in 2012.
Singer-songwriter Mat Kearney is one of the evening's opening acts. Kearney ("Closer to Love") is also an artist who has been embraced by a variety of music fans.
+Switchfoot and Relient K. - Sept. 29 at the DeltaPlex.
General admission floor (standing) $40.50, reserved grandstand $35.50, student section $20.50 (parking is $7). Available at the DeltaPlex box office or online at www.etix.com Etix by Phone: 1-800-514-3849.
+Festival of Praise – Oct. 20 at DeVos Performance Hall. Tickets go on sale June 17. Prices not yet available.
+Sandi Patty - Oct. 23 at Christ Memorial Church, Holland.
+NeedtoBreathe, with Mat Kearney, Parachute & Welshly Arms – Nov. 7 at The DeltaPlex. General admission floor (standing) $45, reserved grandstand $35, parking $7. Available at the DeltaPlex box office or online at www.etix.com, phone 800-514-3849.
$1 per ticket sold will go to OneWorldHealth
- Next Article: Leaving Memories Behind
- Prev. Article: Escape Ministries Enables Holland At-Risk Youth to Reflect God’s Image