- Grand Rapids
Jeff Carlson was born and raised in the Chicago suburbs. Jeff came to personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as a college freshman through the witness of a campus evangelist. He graduated from the University of Illinois in Urbana, Illinois with a degree in engineering and worked in the corporate world for several years before his call to ministry.
Following graduation from Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California Jeff came to Oakhill Church in Grand Rapids, Michigan where he currently serves as pastor. Jeff has a tremendous passion to teach, preach and communicate God's Word in simple and clear ways that the average person can understand.
He loves to see people experience amazing grace and find the abundant life the Lord has designed us for in life. Jeff met his wife Dianne in Grand Rapids where they make their home with their daughters Heather, Kathryn and Rachel.
Statement of Faith
- In One Eternal God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit - Matthew 28:19
- Jesus Christ is Lord of all and He is the ONLY way of salvation - Acts 4:12
- Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone - Ephesians 2:8
- The Lord calls each person to conversion and resulting faith - John 3:3
- Scripture is the final authority for the Christian - II Timothy 3:16-17
- There is one people of God, united by the Spirit in Christ - Ephesians 4:4-6
- Every Christian has been called to serve one another in the Body of Christ - I Corinthians 12:7
- Discipleship is at the heart of a growing relationship with the Lord - Matthew 10:38
- Our Lord Jesus will return for His people at the close of the age - I Thessalonians 4:13-18